Mothers of Invention - We're Only In It for the Money (01/10/19)


I've postponed it as long as possible, but you were going to find out about the original Mothers of Invention albums in my collection eventually, so let's listen to "We're only in it for the money."

I must admit my special love of this particular album, because the whole reason it exists is to say "what's going on [in the world right now] is really stupid."

The cover and gatefold photos are switched, because record labels are dumb (mine included). Zappa even called McCartney to ask permission, but lawyers and stuff.

Zappa didn't like either end of the socio-political spectrum, and as i mentioned a few albums ago, today isn't any different than the late 60s (because we basically just ignored those actual problems for 50 years).

Go ahead, try to not find it relevant....

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mZIwX2v46fKfMEDrJoQ3wbSu8Ila4Ciks

Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Live - Secret Samadhi