The Moody Blues - Every Good Boy Deserves Favour (08/10/19)

Speaking of strange noises, let's listen to Every Good Boy Deserves Five Hundred Thousand Dollars, i mean Favour. Hello, Mellotron.

I don't have any particular reason for choosing this album over the others in the collection, but it has some nice music on it.

For me, the Moody Blues have always been ignorably good; they aren't as flashy as their contemporaries, but they don't really qualify as soft rock either. They aren't afraid to chase whatever proggy neo-classical daydream any band member had that day, but they never go completely free form and every song sounds well structured, however SQUIRREL! its sections or transitions appear.

Did i mention the Mellotron?

You know what it is? They're moody and they're blue, and i guess that's the kind of truth in advertising you don't get from most bands. Every song sounds like it's playing during the closing credits of a film you don't actually remember watching, but here you are in a theater thinking "yeah, i guess that sums it up pretty well." I literally just listened to it, and it's already evaporated into my brain like an eerily calm nostalgic fog. That could just be me, but i suspect a lot of people have a similar experience with their music, and walk away not knowing for sure which character on the cover they are.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD95E37422D990975

Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Live - Secret Samadhi