Brian Auger & Julie Tippets - Encore

I shared Streetnoise with you what seems like ages ago. I have other things they did together, but i wanted to hear their 1977 collab without The Trinity, Encore.

Streetnoise was an unpredictable mish-mash of anything (and it was awesome), but this is a jazz album with some funky vibes (also pretty awesome).

Julie Driscoll Tippets is really great, and Auger rivals Emerson when he wants to. I say that because sometimes he's perfectly happy to just hang back and accompany. But when he does let loose, he's a keyboard maniac.

This is just a great all around listen; insanely talented musicians making phenomenal music like it's what they do. Side B, starts with an interestingly strange Jack Bruce song (I definitely need to dig deeper into his writing).

Gotta snark on something...um...er...nice lady mullet? Mull-ette?

No joke, good stuff.

Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Eyrth - Meridian