Merry Christmas from Masterseal Records

Singer's mid 60s Donna Reed commercial was a joke, but this is a Christmas album.  "Historically, Christmas is a festive season, conveying great religious significance for those of the Christian faiths.... For those who do not subscribe to the Christian faiths, Christmas also has a meaning of more than passing significance."

It's from 1958 by Jacques Fontanna and His Orchestra and Choir from Masterseal Records. It sounds like it's from 1958. As hokey or nostalgic as it might sound to you, it's what people generally agreed sounded festive, celebratory, hopeful. Sleigh Ride is agonizingly too slow, but that's the only criticism i can conjure up. To bring back my favorite Vonnegut reference, this is the Uncle Alex of Christmas albums. If this isn't nice, then i don't know what is.

Not that you doubted me, but since i couldn't find it on youtube i dubbed my crackly poppy dirty 61 year old lp for your listening pleasure.

https://youtu.be/ijS-rTjbCk4

Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Live - Secret Samadhi