Ministry - Psalm 69

Sadly, another great drummer left us Tuesday after a long battle with cancer. I've talked about Bill Rieflin in multiple contexts, and i could play any number of albums from Ministry or KMFDM or NIN or all of the above (i am an industrial rock/metal kind of guy).

Let's skip the jibber jabber and just listen to Ministry's Psalm 69. Rieflin was the first phone number on Alain Jourgenson's call list for everything, and Psalm 69 is my favorite (not Ministry's best, but we've already established that i can like whatever i want to like when i feel like it, but it's not so secretly because he finally started actually caring about guitars again with this album).

It's got everything. Drugs, politics, war, Aleister Crowly, Gibby Haines (from Butthole Surfers) makes a guest vocal appearance singing Jesus Built My Hotrod.

You might be thinking what does any of this have to do with William Rieflin? It doesn't. Bill was always a behind the scenes guy. He was an amazing drummer who just liked making other peoples' music come to life, especially my beloved Chicago Industrial. Actually, now that i think of it, his wife painted the cover of KMFDM's Nihil, their only non BRUTE! cover, to the best of my knowledge.

RIP William Rieflin. You were a big part of some of my favorite music.

Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

Eyrth - Meridian

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday