Steppenwolf - "At Your Birthday Party"

There can be only one album for tonight. I wasn't saving it for any particular reason, but for all the obvious and secret reasons it's Steppenwolf's third album, "At Your Birthday Party" (the quotes are actually part of the title). You remember "Rock Me" as the finale of the Candy soundtrack, right? It also has a fantastic little instrumental called "Mango Juice."

I don't feel like concocting some clever essay, it's everything i want it to be. Steppenwolf could have played "wheels on the bus" or "baby shark" and i'd still love 'em. I love the sound (as feeble as the mix/master might sound compared to other albums). More than any other band, you can hear them playing. Who cares what the actual word for word lyrics are?

As it stands though, there are quite a few pertinent statements. Perhaps most relevant is a sentiment my father taught me (if maybe not quite so succinctly): it's never too late to start all over again. That's some good advice right there, though it might take you a while to tease out all of its possible implications.

Miss you like hell, dad. Happy Birthday.

Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

Eyrth - Meridian

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday