3 random Bad Religion albums


Suddenly it came to me, we did the bookends of my Bad Religion collection, but what about the middle? Recipe for Hate, Stranger Than Fiction, and No Substance are my favorites after all. Why? Because the songs are great.

I don't think i could really tell a story with them, and i certainly can't review them. They are so ingrained in my brain that i can't tell the difference between them and myself. I could tell meandering anecdotes, i guess.

Nah, we'll just leave it at they are my favorite. I shouldn't have to explain why. I'm allowed to just like stuff. The sarcasm is probably a big part of it. And the abject refusal to recognize authority. Oh, and i really like that idea that we are all a microcosm of the human race. Plus the idea that the real, ugly, mundane world is more important than idealism and ideology, that really seeing the terrible stuff is how you develop compassion, that life isn't striving for an image, it's the living it. No matter how much you disagree with me, we are of the same plague.

Yes, you can tell that Recipe For Hate is decidedly not major label while the other two are, and you can tell that Brett isn't there for No Substance, but none of that changes how much i like them. They are great albums in spite of all that. All three have clear concepts: the various ways in which all of this modern, urban, industrial, unthinking, corporate lack of individuality suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

Eyrth - Meridian

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday