Coheed & Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth:3


Dear my friends, 

I imagine everyone's first impression of Coheed & Cambria is something along the lines of "what the bloody hell am i listening to?" Then you learn that the whole thing is Claudio's comic book scifi-saga, and you're still like, "no, but this isn't how words work. I can't tell what's a noun vs a pronoun or even a verb, which character is talking at any given moment, how the hell does he play and sing this prog-tastic insanity at the same time?"

I've read a big chunk of The Amory Wars, and i still don't know. It's insane, the first album is part 3, there's a prequel hiding in the middle of their discography, they write a little note at the end of Three Evils reminding you that it's a story not an actual suicide note.

They write some super-freakin catchy stuff and that totally belies how brutal and terrifying the whole thing is. What's a Newo? Who/what are the Prise. Those interludes sound ghastly.

And when the answer that you want is in the question that you state, you just give up and enjoy the 71 minute deluge of rage and fear and emotional anguish in Claudio's bizarre hyper-tenor. 

I guarantee by the end you'll be saying "that was certainly some kind of adventure, i hope this eye twitch i suddenly developed goes away soon."

I'm totally in, i've got most of their albums, but i won't call you bad names if you scalp your tickets after this first 3rd episode. It's not a trip everyone will enjoy, but i'm a huge fan.

What are some of your favorite non-sequiters? Mine are "your face and a door between," and "over and out Connecticut."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

Eyrth - Meridian

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday