Pirates of Darkwater (i'll use my get out of Christmas free card on this turn)

Ug. I can't. I just can't. There's 4 more days counting Christmas, 4 more albums to make 12, but i don't wanna.

Thankfully, i don't have to. That courtroom skit bought me an extra night, and the ghost of Bottle's past bought future me a present i'm sure to like: a self published cd from the former band of a bassist in a now more famous band with a name very similar to another bassist from an even more famous band using the title of a tv show. Did you get all that?

Here's the real story: the bassist of The Sword, Bryan Ritchie, found a box of 30 copies of his previous band's self titled album Pirates of Darkwater, and i snatched up the copy right before the preantepenultimate copy. It's got some impressive track titles. 

Obviously you can't buy the cd, but you can listen along on bandcamp. I want to open it so bad. But i won't. I'll delicately place it upon the shelf and listen to it on bandcamp as well. That's the kind of nice guy i am.

It's a lovely mix of stoner rock, metal, and whatever "math" supposedly sounds like. There might be someone screaming occasionally but i can barely hear it and i certainly can't make out any lyrics, so we'll just call it an instrumental album.

Gorgeous.

https://piratesofdarkwater.bandcamp.com/releases

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

Eyrth - Meridian

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday