Cloudkicker - Solitude


You know what, no more words. The people who most need to understand them either don't or merely refuse to listen. So, we'll just listen to Solitude by Cloudkicker. It's a delightful 3 sides of progressive death metal instrumentals that he recorded during the Summer of 2020 when most of the world went on hiatus. I still worked every day and wrote books about it in my spare time, but that's beside the point. 


One of the frustrating things about now life is that as amazing as this album is, there's no score for me to analyze. There's not a physical representation of the music that i can study and compare to other works and write about. I miss that. It would be ridiculously impractical to transcribe it, or find other musicians to hang out with me and learn to play it for fun and intellectual gratification. There's nobody out there saying pertinent things about it for me to compare and contrast my own opinion. That's ok, i can just enjoy listening to it. It's quite fun in its wordless alternation between rage and melancholy. It's worth having in my head just in case the opportunity arises to mention what's been turning on the table recently.

(I'm sure i'll have more words at some point.)

https://cloudkicker.bandcamp.com/album/solitude

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Eyrth - Meridian