Huey Lewis and the News - Sports


Cool is often objectively subjective, but sometimes good doesn't need to be qualified. I adore Huey Lewis and the News. There's a really interesting history of lawsuits about I Want a New a Drug, but i'll let you go read the little bit about his dust ups with Ray Parker Jr. on your own. I'm more interested in the fact that it's the only album named after an actual segment of "the news." You don't even want to know how many different ways he tried spelling his stage name. Half-right-ipedia is half right as usual, they got the Rock and New Wave part correct, but it's serious old-school Rock & Roll, saxes and harmonica style. 

Absolutely true that Back to the Future was the reason people went out to find this album, but how could they be dissapointed? It's like 38 years later and though this old man's barely breathing, the heart of Rock & Roll is indeed still beating. I'm perfectly happy with small amounts of the old-drugs. As an adult i fully understand the underlying problem with the 80s, but i was an actual kid, and this is just pure happy-time in my brain. Not that you actually could, but don't spoil it for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Live - Secret Samadhi