Fear of the Lightning - Intro

Ever since Jack White published his bizarro investor video where he straight up begged the majors to rebuild and fund their own pressing plants so us plebes don't have to wait 9+ months to get a European short-run, i've felt conflicted. I don't want what some exec at Warner thinks i might buy, i want bands to be able to invest in themselves and then be able to distribute it to within 60 miles of me. I want more Jack Whites actually doing it so i can find weird shit i like without going to Target. 


So i was at Target today, and wouldn't you know it, they had Jack White's pun on an Iron Maiden title and a repress of the greatest Thrash album of all the sophomore Metallica albums ever recorded. Well, we got some questions to ask. Most obvious, do Jack White's employees know how all the knobs and buttons work on all the pressing machines he bought for them? Only slightly less obvious, how does my last year's review of the original dubbed to CD master of Ride the Lightening compare to this newly remastered PVC version? There might be more, i'm just too excited about tanking the resale value of my copies by throwing the shrink wrap and hype stickers in the trash, scuffing up the covers by shelving/unshelving them repeatedly, and generally getting as much dust and pet hair as possible jammed down into the grooves to think of them at the moment. Join me later for the double whammy of old vs new in almost every way possible i'm going to call Fear of the Lightning.


Part 1 - Metallica

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Live - Secret Samadhi