Preposterousness

S: Knock, knock. 

B: Sandra! Perfect timing. Should we listen to an actual Boots Randolph Album, or another random Country singer, or covers of Herb Alpert, or go totally crazy and listen to an album that has both Glen Campbell and Dionne Warwick on it for absolutely no logical reason whatsoever? 

S: Oh, uh, i don't like any of those choices. I was just wondering why we're actually back here. 

B: I dunno. I take that back, i was talking to Narzon, and it just wasn't working like i wanted it to, so i just kind of put out the psychic APB so you'd be here when it happened. 

S: Who's Narzon? 

B: Oh, yeah, you don't know her, she's like a rogue Auditor working through some stuff, and i didn't have anyone to yammer at so i just vaguely tried to imagine her as best i could. Sorry, hope you're not upset. 

S: Have you finally lost it? 

B: Lost what? 

S: A finger hold on sanity. 

B: Probably. I mean, it was a tenuous relationship to begin with, am i right? 

S: Probably. What's all this about? 

B: I so badly wanna make a record. 

S: That's ludicrous. You're going to pay 3 grand to publish an actual record that no one will buy of what? 2 of p(nmi)t's looptastrophes? GREGORY's two EPs of insanity? Just so you can say you did it? The books were bad enough, at least they were cheap, but this is insane. 

B: No argues from me. 

S: AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! 

B: That's what i sound like on the inside. Wanna do it? We could set up a kickstarter or something to pay for some of it. 

S: Do even half your friends have record players? 

B: I know at least 3 of them do. 

S: Shut up, Bottle. No. 

B: What if i begged Noonish Moon to let me pay to publish one side of singles and the other side Chapman Street. 

S: As enticing as that sounds, still no. I'll tolerate 3 digit vanity projects if i have to, but 4 digits is out of the question. 

B: Where's your sense of adventure? 

S: Lost it playing poker. 

B: I thought you won. 

S: I thought we didn't need money to have fun. 

B: True. We don't. We need money to pay to publish records in 2023. 

S: How about i pretend i didn't hear that and we wait for a different idea to wander in here? 

B: You're no fun. 

S: Guilty as charged. 

B: Fine. Be that way. 

S: I will. 

Well, that got us nowhere in a long-winded fashion. Didn't even review an album either. Such a waste. I wonder if any of those guys from the lathe-cut fad a few years ago are still in business. That's only a 2-digit vanity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Eyrth - Meridian