Andrew W.K. - I Get Wet


The only things i remember about Andrew W.K. are that he wears really dirty white jeans and t-shirts, and he likes to party. His 2002 debut album is called I Get Wet and even though i tried really hard to expunge that entire decade from my consciousness, and know full well that's slang for dipping your joint in PCP or Formaldehyde or whatever, i kind of have to take it literal. The critical angle is that it's big stupid Rock that's either your new favorite or least favorite thing in the world. I didn't expect it to be good, but it's freakin' good. 

It's unabashed party rock with metal riffs, huge punk hooks, goofy synth melodies, and the most oddly lovable cheerfulness this side of the post-ironic double rainbow. It's the kind of cognitive dissonance you can only get from two heavyweight UFC fighters beating the crap out of each other for 15 minutes then hugging each other and smiling while they search for each others missing teeth like best friends. It's like if Roadhouse and Legally Blonde 2 were the same movie. 

I don't have any argue, i absolutely love it because it's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. Welcome to a bizarro universe where The Ramones and The Misfits form a SynthDanceMetal supergroup and play happy songs about girls who are beautiful and partying 'til you puke, then dying afterward. Bring a helmet obviously, but possibly also a raincoat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Eyrth - Meridian