Lord Sutch and Heavy Friends

Today's official album is really, really special.

Screaming Lord Sutch might just be my spirit animal. He invented his own lordship, actively admitted to everyone that he sucked, specifically modeled his character after Screaming Jay Hawkins, and basically WAS Alice Cooper before Alice Cooper. In real life he created his own ridiculous political party and has the record for officially running for Parliament and losing over 40 times, just because he thought it was funny (eat your heart out Vermin Supreme). Sadly, he hanged himself in 1999, but 58 years of obviously untreated manic depression is a good run.

This, according to England, is officially considered one of the worst albums ever recorded (it's not). Everyone who participated thought it was funny right up until he actually published it, and that's the real tragedy. The hurtest butt, of course, was Jimmy Page. You can flush his opinion down the loo as far as i care.

I pointed this out in my diatribe about Michael Jackson, and here's another example of my separating the person from the music. Jimmy Page is a musical deity, but a garbage human being. I don't feel the least bit conflicted about listening to and enjoying his music, but i'd gladly say "shut your stupid face" if he ever said "hello" to me in a bizarro world where we were in the same room.

But i digress.

Pure and simple, this is the sound of people  having fun being obnoxious, and it's amazing. I guarantee he didn't trick a single person into participating, and the joy i mentioned in hearing raw Bob Seger is nothing compared to my indescribable ecstacy while listening to Lord Sutch and Heavy Friends. Raspberries to England, this is spectacular.

Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Live - Secret Samadhi