Sonny Bono - Inner Views

I have a personal dislike for Sonny Bono, or more specifically Senator Sonny Bono. But, I don't want this to be about u.s. copyright law. I want it to be one of those reviews where i bring my admitted predjudices to the table and let the music speak it's side of the argument. I want to hear Sonny without Cher. So, let's let the man speak. What are the Inner Views of Sonny Bono?

YOU HYPOCRITICAL LITTLE DWEEB! WHAT PERCENTAGE OF YOUR OWN ROYALTY CHECK DID YOU HAND OVER TO LENNON AND MCCARTNEY? IT'S CERTAINLY NOT PARODY OR ANY OTHER FAIR USE, THE ENTIRE SIDE A IS A GODDAMNED DERIVATIVE WORK!

I sincerely apologize for my outburst, it was uncalled for and you have more to say. I will abstain from further comment until my official rebuttal. Please, go on.

First, please excuse my umbrage at the phrase "All the songs on this LP were written and composed by Sonny Bono...." Though true in a legal sense, no one in this room today could in good faith argue that "I just sit there" and "i told my girl to go away" are not fully and intentionally derived from "A Day in the Life" by Lennon-McCartney. Hendrix learned "Sgt. Pepper" in a couple days because he was actually playing to the hometown crowd, and that's a level of respect you clearly cannot fathom. Therefore, i sincerely call into question your future career in politics. But, being as i am not a time lord, i will proceed to my real statements about this album. I assure you that i have genuinely positive things to say about your work as well as a few very pointed criticisms.

You sir, have a very distinct and personally appealing style of vocal delivery, perhaps reminiscent of "Bob Dylan on Quaaluuds." Recognizing your role as producer of multiple successful solo albums for Cher, i understand wanting to "self direct" as i would call it. However, your wife had the benefit of a large group of people working together to create those albums in a way that played to her strengths of personality and showwomanship. You, however, are a dweeb. I mean no offense by that term, as there are a multitude of performers in all fields who make that persona work in their favor to unarguable success. Perhaps, in hindsight, it might have been more productive to bring in a neutral party who could have objectively said 1) these lyrics are garbage, 2) no human can realistically believe that all of the songs on this album exist in the same person. If these are in fact your "inner views," i might recommend a psychiatric evaluation for schizophrenia. 3) if they are in fact more general statements, the "inner views" of a variety of characters, then don't put yourself on the cover with the ghost of a woman trying to get you to turn around. Just don't.

I must reiterate my conflicted opinion of Seals & Crofts (obviously you don't know them, i am from the future), but like James Seals i do not care what you have to say. Whatever parts of this album you did or didn't compose are wonderful, but i would have enjoyed you scat singing like Ella Fitzgerald infinitely much more that what you have written here. You could have read a Waffle House menu with much better results.

Obviously, you have no idea what level of bizarrity will befall your future self and your family, but if i were a time lord i could only implore you to take someone else's advice once in a while. You do not understand you, and the world would be a much better place if you let someone else be in charge.

I am Bottle, and i approve this message.

Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 4 Seasons - The Genuine Imitation Life Gazette

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

Pat Benatar - Seven The Hard Way