11 - Heroes

Bleechggh. I thought we'd ease into it a little more smoothly than that. Who invited Fripp?
Don't get me wrong, i adore Robert Fripp, but to quote 21 Pilots, "stay in your lane, boy."

I've made no secret of the fact that there's a whole segment of Bowie i hate. I could never describe it properly, i always felt it was like the music was doing one thing and Bowie was intentionally doing something different just to sound out of touch. No, it's the sheer SMUG. It's Bowie looking you dead in the eye and saying "HA! I WIN. I FIGURED OUT HOW TO MAKE YOU NOT LIKE ME."

The gaul and bile. The betrayal. "Heros is ironic." No shit sherlock.

I am pretty much the only person in the universe who hates it at this level, everybody else say "oh my god, spectacular, what a fruitful collaboration, Bowie's back and better than ever." Baaaarf!

It's not a smooth transition at all, it's an incredible hulk style "i told you so" album. It's bad narrative. It's crank phone calls acted out by puppets passing as entertainment. It's crashing the car on purpose to get your photo in the Sunday paper.

You're welcome to like it, but i seriously don't want to keep going. It's exactly like a Roman Polanski movie, the first half is great and you should seriously just walk out of the theater. I want to just skip ahead to Blackstar and be done with it all.

But i can't, i'm a completionist. What horror movie youth hostel nightmare does Lodger have in store for me?

12 - Lodger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

Eyrth - Meridian

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday