20 - Hours

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kkUPGNk1UfmkhHNvI1xJ5H7nrIbvYv9lg

Hello day 4, Hours is the drive to work soundtrack.

This is very clearly Bowie's alternative rock album. Not the happy side of alternative (like that's a thing, pfffft), the sleepily lethargic technological side. It's the same place Radiohead went, and then Muse, and all those unhappy 20-somethings born in the computer age.

It was the first downloadable album, born from a video game project. It's also the last entry in the EMI ledger, and he'll take another extended break.

I very much like it, but it has that "end of an era" feeling. It's not exciting, but it's not supposed to be. Not stale, just run down. I'm good with that.

21 - Heathen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

Eyrth - Meridian

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday