Steven Stark - I Wonder What the Radio Plays

It's a thing i do now, so let's all take a moment to say Happy Birthday, Steven Stark.

You can download his first album at https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/stevenstark10

Or, you can hear my playlist at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4moS9C5WRLySvvGVFeTa_NRKI-y4OBBN

Either way, it's an album of great songs with interestingly complex harmonic twists, catchy melodies, and enough abstraction to find relevance for whatever state of mind you find yourself in. I don't just mean your current frame of reference, but how you felt back whenever your particular "then" might be, and in the future when other things have happened. It's an album to have, and experience, and come back to, and most of all enjoy.

He usually describes himself as "compositional pop" but he has a very distinct indie rock personality too. Not the crazy kind like i've been showcasing, but the calmer rational side of thinking outside the box. Or maybe it's an adjacent box. I don't know, i'm just spitballing here.

I do love the fact that however many years later i have finally achieved that magical $20,000 baller lifestyle of our youthful fantasies, and we'll just sweep all thoughts of inflation under the corner of the rug for now (we'll come back and bag it up later).

And so, my lunch break comes to an end and i go back to business as usual for 4 more hours. It has definitely been an enjoyable break on a rainy boring day, thanks to my long distance friend. So in the words of Cage the Elephant, Thank You, Happy Birthday.

Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

Eyrth - Meridian

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday