Alkaline Trio - Good Mourning

If you thought i had a dark and morbid sense of humor, i've got news for you. I'm a Positive Penelope compared to Alkaline Trio. Here's their fourth album Good Mourning. Spoiler alert, Kenny dies in every episode.

You might be tempted to think this is just tasteless misery for the sake of gloom, but the sheer scope of describing everyday normal occurrences in elaborately morbid ways is pretty impressive. And the puns, oh the glorious puns. Lydia Deetz ain't got nothing on Matt Skiba and Daniel Andriano.

Musically speaking, these are some of their best songs. The melodies are fantastic, the words are fun to sing, the've got one leg in the punk world and one in the alternative rock world. If i could only take one album with me to the waiting room for eternity it would be Spirit's Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus, 'cause this one's surely already in their jukebox and i want to impress Juno, my caseworker.

Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Eyrth - Meridian