Ferrante & Teicher


I don't know about you, but after a hard day's night of moving objects from one location to another i like to pour myself an adult beverage and watch a pair of piano pugilists fight to the pain (my family watched The Princess Bride last night, so i watched the whole thing in my head during the gap between the fire geysers and ROUSes, because i've got 1.21 gigabytes of memory, and it's nowhere near full), for my own amusement. That's a lot of references for one little sentence.

Nobody has to die, i just have to find a bunch of random ways to blender up all my standard character tropes with things that happened in my real life and let you have a go at trying to figure it all out.

Ferrante and Teicher have the hilariously underwhelming distinction of receiving honorary memberships in the University of Central Oklahoma's chapter of Tau Kappa Epsilon. Take that, you wannabe practical physicists and uneducated novelists!

I am joking. These guys were legitimate Julliard prodigies, and they had massive success as arrangers, performers, and local music store employee annoyers. I have like 300 of their records, which is good because there's that really annoying Universal Fire again. If i didn't know any better i'd say gathering a whole bunch of unique and important things into a tiny little space and forgetting about them is not such a great idea (it's the forgetting about them that's the problem).

Ok, i'll stop.

I'm gonna go with Ferrante & Teicher By Popular Demand because i want to hear their version of "Goldfinger." You would seriously have to be paying attention to know that Barthes uses Goldfinger as the example of the "narrational level" (the novel has three unconnected narrative episodes that form it's underlying structure). I'll forgive you if you thought it was because it starts with "The Greatest Story Ever Told," but you should really know by now that i'm not THAT immodest.

Ok, i'll stop for real this time.

I just find Pops style symphony concerts really enjoyable, and i like piano almost as much as i like guitar. This is easy listening in the best possible way. Perfect for when you're just flat out tired of watching whatever ridiculous things other people are doing out in parts of the world you didn't want to visit in the first place (not you guys, you're amusing yourselves like you should be, you know what i mean), or listening to coworkers from the other side of the building complain about things they thought were super awesome a year ago.

Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Eyrth - Meridian