Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon

I did my regular humor album thing about Joe Walsh this morning, but i just want to hear Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon. It's about a lot of things, but it's mostly about being Pink Floyd without Syd Barrett, and why. It's a contender for greatest album ever, and deservedly so.

It's always impossible to describe why something is excellent, because it usually feels like magic. It's that feeling like every single moment is a complete surprise, but exactly what it should be. No one needs to explain this album, the same way Clare Torry doesn't actually have to use words on The Great Gig In The Sky.

The album is itself a complete life. Each side is a continuous multi-movement work. You couldn't possibly skip a single moment of the journey. This is just pure musical pleasure in my book.

You don't need a reason or an explanation, you only have to keep going and remember where you've been. After all, we are only ordinary men....

Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Live - Secret Samadhi