EJ 1011

I have another sealed record. Hows about we unprotect ourselves from it? 

Woody Guthrie had a lot of interesting things to say about Fred Trump, but i don't have any Woodie Guthrie albums. Instead, i'll share a record i do have but wasn't already on youtube. 

I wasn't saving this record for any special occasion, but now's as good a time as any to open a factory sealed 1981 pressing of some 70+ year old live Jazz recordings, a few made during the final years of WWII.

I don't have any morals or fables or jokes, just sharing an amazing collection of live music from real musicians facing exactly the same tired old useless racism, sexism, and bigotry that we're still watching a large portion of our country defend because they don't know any better, or maybe they do know better but just don't care. I care. Here's Billie Holiday and Charlie Parker and Art Tatum and friends making a hard day's struggle feel a little less painful. This round is on me.

The only bad track is the last one, Art's Blues. Everything else is pretty good quality for live recordings from the 40s, in my opinion. Enjoy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Eyrth - Meridian