The Sandpipers

I couldn't leave my friends with an album they couldn't go hear, so how about some 60s folk from the Sandpipers second album, The Sandpipers.

They were a trio who suspiciously always had uncredited female back up singers. Always. Live, recordings, sometimes two of them, and this one time they snuck a photo of 5 whole people on the back of an album. Sometimes they even let the ladies sing actual words instead of imitating a flute in the ensemble. Not the lady on this particular cover. No clue who she is, but she's pretty. That'll sell. Suspicious, indeed.

They were famous for singing all sorts of random crap in foreign languages. It's actually pretty enjoyable, and i gotta tell you i had no idea how prominent the harpsichord was in 60s pop.

Have you ever heard a Spanish translation of Yesterday? Well what are you waiting for!? Imagine talking to your friends and slipping in a mention of The Sandpipers singing "Michelle, me amore" with full on Mariachi accompaniment. I'll feed you, baby bird:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kzwNR4gW74UivTxAU95Keqk7_n84eeRjo

Sorry for the youtube ads, but i'm not gonna mail you my vinyl. Such is life i'm afraid.

Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Eyrth - Meridian