Mumford's Triple Trinities

Tonight's album is from the imagineer of Maximum Ames Records himself, Nate Logsdon. I heard about Nate and sent him an email when i moved to Iowa. The cool guy that he is invited me down to his favorite coffee shop/record store and then just invited me along to a board meeting for the local radio station they were building.

I have a copy of Mumford's Triple Trinities (that's a great portrait of Nate doing his Ray Liotta impression from whichever Shut Up Sheep movie that was), and i love it. This is one of those albums that is going to confuse, amuse, and abuse your brain. Nate is an interesting character in his own right, and he takes a very literary approach to songwriting. He does a lot of other stuff too, and i'd really like to get back in touch with him. In the meantime, enjoy this really interesting mish-mash of indie ska folk funk sillyness. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

Eyrth - Meridian

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday