Smash Mouth - Fush Yu Mang

What do you get when you cross spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, looking at Jupiter and stuff through a telescope, and my wife reading a post about translating Allstar into Aramaic and back?

You get the shocking revelation that i adore the first Smash Mouth album, Fush Yu Mang. Believe it of not, this is pop punk/ska and the songs are super catchy. They do other retro things too. It's easy to make fun of Smash Mouth, but it's the traditional running game, and it's effective. Possession time is much higher for a running offense, and all of a sudden that long pass takes the defense by surprise.

Lately, i've been thinking about the past. I love caffieno and a mean spaghetti sauce. I think i'm just paranoid. I moved away from all the whiny neighbors.  Fuck it, let's rock.

If you only remember them from Shrek, or Lizzy McGuire, or something, then you're missing out. Their first album is snarky, fun, catchy, not embarrassing at all. Are they just the west coast's Mighty Mighty Bosstones? Maybe, but who says you can't like both. Why can't we be friends? I think i legitimately wore out my cassette as a teenager, and this still sounds as fun as it ever did.

Aw, man what's this "acoustic" version garbage? No bueno. Go listen to a playlist of the actual original, and pretend this was all they ever did, like i do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

Eyrth - Meridian

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday