The first day of the rest of our lives

I told you it wouldn't really end. I'm not going to force myself to do it every night anymore, but i am going to start putting my paypal.me at the end of these posts. If you enjoy reading these things, please send me a few bucks so i can buy more records. I like doing it, but i don't like having no money. Now, without further ado (or perhaps with a minimum of parenthetical ado), on with the show!

Holy guacamole, a can of frijoles, you will not believe what showed up at my house earlier today. This one time back in April i thought it would be insane to order a record from Switzerland. Swiss label WRWTFWW records reissued an obscure 1978 album by French composer Dominique Guiot, L'Univers De La Mer. I gave up on it in June, but here it is.

As best i can tell, this thing involved 3 countries and at least two international importer/exporters. Swiss label, German exporter, and an importer in Washington who wrapped it in cardboard and mailed it to me in Iowa. That is insane, and i kind of feel like i should contact all these companies and make sure they didn't lose money on making it happen. I'm not going to, but how could 45 dollars really cover all that? Perhaps Further Records in Kirkland, WA deserves some future business (wink, wink). And, by the way, it's sold out now, so nah nah ne boo boo.

This is not cheesy electronic dance music, these are wonderfully serious compositions. Remember, it's 1978. Full on disco, cock rock, and Punk are the mainstream over here. Bowie is touring Low and Heroes, MC5 are white panthering... this is like a breath of fresh, slightly salty air cutting through the British/American chaos. How could you not enjoy?

Here's the bandcamp link if you didn't check it out the first time i mentioned it in passing:

https://wrwtfww.com/album/lunivers-de-la-mer

Please help me buy some more obscure records by sending money to:

https://paypal.me/pnmit

Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

Eyrth - Meridian

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday