p(nmi)t - The Long March

Hi, everybody! Hi, Dr. Bottle!

Oh, thank you so much for finishing my Simpson's joke for me. I know you expect some silly album review from me, but it's Sunday, so there has to be some reflective component to round out the week before the lights flick off and p(nmi)t rearranges all the furniture. I thought today we would turn the tables, so to speak.

Now, you've watched me ascend Mount Hilarity, wade the tumultuous currents of the River Rant, even swan dive into the empty swimming pool of some long forgotten ghost suburb for the better part of a year. It makes me wonder...can you do it? Can you sit down and waste 30 minutes of your time to listen to p(nmi)t's The Long March and write an essay?

That sounded antagonistic. I take it back, it's not a waste, it's an experiment. I simply mean, can you force yourself to do it? Can you carve out 21 minutes to listen to it, and 9 minutes to write something about it? You might hate it and say it sucks. Awesome! You might like it and say, that's pretty cool. Great! You might be really confused and wish you could have that 30 minutes back. In that case, sorry. You might say, oh how intriguing, an elaborate commentary about the absurdist reality of defining our lives according to the agendas of our two-party political system. You might say aaarg, it burns, make it stop! The point is that i don't know. I like that guy for some weird reason.

You could reply here, or you could write your own post with a link to the album, or whatever. The goal is simply to have done it, to pick up an object and let it use your words to tell whatever story it can. It doesn't have to be good, it doesn't have to be anything, it just has to exist where it didn't exist before. And, as always, no is an acceptable answer....

https://paultompkins.bandcamp.com/album/the-long-march

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Eyrth - Meridian