Welcome to Moron Manor

I like to type nonsense into bandcamp's search. As you can see, today's word is "morkon." Moron Manor Media? Yeah, let's review an indie internet label from Syracuse, NY. What have you morons got for me? Ooooh, acousticy emo songwriter type stuff. We'll skip the two big things at the top and go for the innards.

First up, it's Bridge Under Fire from AD80. Scratch that, other way around. Gargly garage indie. I like it, but i wish they took the three minutes to type the lyrics. Think i heard the word "die" in there somewhere. Really nice 2.5 minute song.

Ahnest! Ft Rob Button gives us Rainclouds. Hey there's "die" again! I smell a theme here. Lovely mopey little ditty that morphs into a p(nmi)t style dissonantly amorphous synth seascape and devolves into noisy noodling. Creepy. Love it!

Looking through the small list of tracks that follow, this is Ahnest!'s label. My kind of guy. 

Ten Years. Sweet, a 3 track. Nick Burger. I like him. Dare me to send him an email with nice things in it? He's really good, and he has a friend who plays cello.

Anthony Musior's turn to Split a 4 track ep with Burger king. Yay, lyrics! Geez, this is great stuff.

The rest is more tracks from Nick and Anthony. It kind of looks like they went cold in the summer of 2019. Anthony stopped posting on his facebook page in 2014.

That's too bad. This is really good stuff. Maybe i will send them a note, might be fun....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

Eyrth - Meridian

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday