Bad Religion - New Maps of Hell


I love everything about tonight's album, except the way it sounds. I hate more than half the mixes, i hate the godawful louder than thou mastering, and i hate the overemphasized low-mids. 

I love the songs, i love the melody/harmony, i love that we're back with Brett and Epitaph, but it's 2007 and how many times have i mentioned how much i hate everything from the early 2000s to now? I'm positive it's because of ear buds.

Yes, my dislike is heightened by how much vinyl i listen to, but i like how those mixes from the 60s to late 90s sound. That's what i like. I like shitty casette dubs of recordings in barns and garages and bathrooms with cars and crickets in the background redubbed back to CD. I'd rather listen to scratchy poppy moldy vinyl than the 300hz drone of a sonic vacuum cleaner. Yeah, it sounds like a vacuum cleaner to me. The world has moved on and i don't feel any need to keep up. Two or three days of nothing before 2005 and i can relearn to ignore it, but some of my favorite bands bridge that gap and it blows.

New maps of hell, indeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Eyrth - Meridian