Mastodon - Once More 'Round The Sun (once more)


As is tradition for New Year's Eve, we bring out the psychedelic space-monster and beg him to let us take one more turn on the doomy-go-round. If you recall, last year i said i'd try to be nicer. I failed on that one, didn't i? Extenuating circumstances, schmekstenuating smirkumstances, i lost my shit a couple times, as the kiddos like to say. I'm officially a grumpy old man, Graybottle the Beardnificent. But you know what? I'm still going to wake up tomorrow. I'm still gonna put on pants and shoes and stuff, feed the chickens, play with power tools, and generally enjoy what time i have. If there was a suggestion box around i'd probably write something like

"I think it would be a great idea if we could all focus our time and energy on getting all the important things taken care of as quickly and efficiently as possible, instead of wasting at least 1/3 of our waking day doing pointless busy work for someone else. I have tons of my own busy work that needs doing, but all my minions keep exploding, remember?"

It's also today that MF Doom's wife announced his death back in October. Rest In Peace, Mr. Villian. I don't have any of your albums in my collection, but not for lack of appreciation.

I've often said that i can't make the world a better place. I can't, but i can make the parts of it i touch think a little harder. So, we'll tuck Bottle in to sleep and Tread Lightly as he hums his little mantra to himself:

Open your eyes. Take a deep breath and return to life. Wake up and fight. Fight for the love and the burning light.

Happy New Year. A new adventure awaits. Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

Eyrth - Meridian

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday