Mr. Bungle


You ok Bottle?

Yeah, fine Skip, why?

You just look beat.

You mean different from the way i normally look?

Yeah, a little. 

Sorry, i'll try to fake it better.

Jeez, you are in a bad state. What's going on inside your brain?

I don't think you guys want to go there. It's like an evil carnival ride operated by murderously drunk clowns. The whole world sounds like John Zorn and Mike Patton made a deathmetal-jazz--funk-musicaconcréte album as the audio personification of a 1950s education propaganda film puppet.

That sounds horrible, but kind of intriguing.

Well, you know Sandra, that's why we just blackout while i go live it. Usually i can tune it all out, but today just pushed all my elevator buttons and i had to stop at every floor.

Surely you're exaggerating. 

No, Skip, i'm actually putting it nicely. I have an album for it if you're just desperate to suffer along with me. It's the part of experimental rock history that would make your guidance councilor vomit. I wasn't lying about John Zorn and Mike Patton, either. If Warner Brothers wanted some of that sweet sweet Faith No More with Mike Patton money, some of it had to go to his other band (well, at least until Anthony Kiedis had a hissy fit and kept firing them from an entire Summer's worth of festival line-ups in 1999) Here's the 1991 self titled debut by Mr. Bungle...

Oh god, i did just throw up in my mouth a little. 

How ladylike. Skip, tasting notes?

It burns!! Make it stop! Make it stop!!!

Nope, start to finish i'm afraid.

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhh! Aaaacchhhlllffleggh!!

I heard screaming, is everyone ok?

Oh, hi Compy. I was just sharing my slightly more average than normal day with Skip and Sandra. They seem to be enjoying it, don't you think?

You made them listen to the whole thing?

Yeah, those are the rules.

Isn't that like a war crime or something?

Only if you force alive people to listen to it. We're all dead on the inside, remember? I find sharing it out loud helps exorcise some of the demons. I certainly feel better. Oh, they both fainted. Let 'em sleep, they earned it.

Part 2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

Eyrth - Meridian

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday