Rainbow - Right Between The Eyes

I bought a big bunch of records yesterday, but I don't have any story in mind for them. A lot of them are lead guitarist albums, though. I also left the charger cable for my phone at work, so i can't take pictures for today's album. Oh well, rainbows in the dark.

Yep, I now have a copy of Rainbow's 6th album, Right Between The Eyes. Wait a minute, where's Waldo, i mean Dio? Oh, this is after he quit to join Black Sabbath. Don't worry, we'll find him in a totally bizarre place later this week. Hey, I know track 2, Stone Cold. A Classic Rock staple, that one.

Rainbow was originally Ritchie Blackmore's hiring Ronnie's band Elf for a solo project after Deep Purple's lineup change and subsequent falling apart, but they became a hard rock and metal behemoth in their own right. Funny story about this album, Blackmore and David Coverdale quickly became not such good friends because Coverdale kept trying to claim copyright infringement any time Blackmore used the word "mistreated."

This isn't so much a coherent album in terms of concept, but it is a bunch of hard hitting early 80s rock songs with screaming guitar solos. And, these are great songs. Listening to this album is fun. Here's a link to the full album if you want to check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dvzIv5skQo&t=1466s


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Eyrth - Meridian