We made a book!


Available here.

Guys, guys, girls, and skeletons, look what just arrived, our book. We did it. We have 14 copies of my first 365 album reviews. Check 'em out. Whadya think?

Uh, i think we got confused and formatted the page numbers to the wrong side.

Sweet, now everyone can use both top and bottom corners for flip book animations.

I'm appalled! Who would do that to a book?

Relax, Sandra, it's my book compiled from facebook posts, remember. Not exactly Pulitzer material, am i right?

Bottle? Why's there no bottom margin?

I admit, i was afraid of that. I was trying to cut down on page length, but i squeezed a little too hard. I suppose i could have used a smaller font, but i didn't. We could fix those things if we wanted to. Maybe for the next one.

Now though, we gotta Kai Risdoll this litter of puppies (do the numbers, if you're not up on you NPR personalities and their catchphrases). 

The $49 setup fee is my cost. In the great ledger in the sky, i'd claim is as cost of doing business, depreciate it over the whole run, itemize it on my taxes, etc. That's my problem not somebody else's. I have 14 copies because it's a full case, and that's the most cost effective. I can buy more if i need to.

$142.68/14 = $10.20. I rounded up, but if you're mad about me gouging you a penny, so be it. I don't like being fiddly, i think $5 is a reasonable profit, but i'd lower that if you own a store and think you could sell multiple copies to other unsuspecting victims, i mean people. Now i'll round down and say $15 is totally tolerable. I have books just like this of similar size and quality that cost $16.95 20 years ago. 

I have no idea how much it will cost to ship one to you. I had Calculator set up shipping through paypal and UPS ground is gonna cost me $10 or less. Why don't we just say $25 gets a copy of this thing on your bookshelf no matter where you live. Plus, you have the mental equilibrium of knowing that 100% of that money goes to me and my imaginary friends, not a bunch of thugs settling their sexual harrassment lawsuits out of court.

13 × 25 (i get to keep a copy of my own book) = 325. I make make a dollar or lose one, and i'll do it all again for book 2 (that's the one where said imaginary friends come out to play). 

So there you have it, if we did it a time or two i might make a 2 or 3 digit profit and you'd be out the cost of a couple books. A cynic might say, sheesh 2 years of work for that? Meh, it was fun and it was my own spare time. 

Long story longer, if you want a copy of it i'll send you one. I think there's a way to do a facebook link from paypal, but you can also just go to paypal.me/pnmit and give me an address to send it to. If more than 12 of you actually want one (my mom gets the 2nd copy), i'll gladly order more, but if will take a week or two. 

And finally, apologies in advance for how many times i shamelessly plug my book in the near future. Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Eyrth - Meridian