TV on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain

... and me being me, i simply can't not follow the Gerard Smith wormhole and listen to TV on the Radio. I also can't do the $40+ for a copy of Return to Cookie Mountain on vinyl. I can't. We'll just have to do the extended version on youtube with 4 bonus tracks, including El-P's remix of Hours.

Bowie loved their first album, and here he is singing backup vocals on Province. 

The story is that Gerard Smith (the one who is no longer with us) was busking in the subway and Tunde just kept giving him money until Gerard recognized from from the movie Jump Tomorrow and he asked Gerard to join the band for this sophomore album.

Their very first self release was title Ok, Calculator, and their musical influences are all over the place. They are still together, but they've been on hiatus since 2019 like everybody else. Their last album from 2014 feels like eons ago, so who knows if we'll get more or not? Let's just add them to the list of awesome musicians from Brooklyn and enjoy, shall we?

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlsZHYnNM0pbgT8e6xRZAJLh22m6PpTed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Eyrth - Meridian