Sum 41 - All Killer No Filler


Sum 41 rap old-school posse style on their hit single Fat Lip. Does that make them Nu-metal? All Killer No Filler certainly has Metal bookends. It's also truth in advertising, this is a phenomenal Pop-Punk masterpiece about being a restless teenager who hates all the modern first-world problems he has to deal with on a daily basis. There's a whole lot more emotional nuance than Blink And You'll Miss It, that's for sure. They're also from Canada, and I apparently haven't met a band from Canada I don't in some way like more than their direct US competitors. No idea why. 

In case you're wondering, yes, Nu-metal is very much among the 40 something genre tags listed on their wikipedia page. Ridiculous, even they say they are just a rock band because Punk has too many rules to follow. They might be the youngest rock band I've ever mention in relation to the 2008 Universal Fire. I'm totally biased, this is one of my top ten albums for pure enjoyment to listen to, I literally love every song, and the whole album flows like a mountain stream that's never seen an industrial waste chute. That of course means I have nothing but compliments for it, it speaks for itself, it's fantastic. This would be an album I'd recommend if you asked for an example of a good Pop Punk album from 2001.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Eyrth - Meridian