It's Fragile Moments Eve!

Attend dear friends, I want to tell you a story. No, not about a gnome named Grimble Grumble, about an album called Fragile Moments. Mr. UPS is going to leave of box of them on my porch tomorrow. 

Technically speaking, it's 14 improvised pieces that lie along the spectrum from Rock Instrumentals to Chamber Music for 2 to 4 Electric Guitars, but that's not really what the album is. 

The actual album is a collection of "classically motivated" pieces from my much larger and chaotically cacophonous collection of EPs by the me we call p(nmi)t. I suppose we could call most of them Guitar Solos, but not the flashy, etude-style show-stoppers to which you might be accustomed. These are little, delicate, fleeting moods, objects, and situations in musical form. They are also home recordings on cheap equipment, as opposed to professionally engineered studio recordings, and only 50 of them currently exist. 

About that. You might wonder why they come in simple cardboard sleeves as opposed to full plastic jewell cases, and the answer is that i'm a fan of nested meaning; meaning having a distinct life of its own apart from any particular Truth. The truth is of course 50 flimsy little jackets is the absolute minimum i could pay for. The justification for that truth turned reality is a shimmering jewell of prismatic facets, but it's mostly because plastic is super wasteful and bulky, i don't have a swimming pool full of money, and i'm not realistically going to sell thousands of them at your local retail megamart; this is not music of the mass market variety. 

It would be more accurate to say that if we lived at a time when it wasn't weird to say "if i had my druthers," my newly anthropomorphisized druthers would much prefer to publish my music on vinyl in spite of the exponential increase of aforementioned expense and wastefulness, but such a statement would quickly turn into such a complex web of caveats that we had best keep moving along the plot of points at this point in the plot. 

The untrue fact is that the whole scenario, from the recording them late at night in my spare time, through the publishing of it at my own Charles Ivesian expense, to the flimsy cardboard sleeve that contains it, makes these 50 CDs their own little Fragile Moments. I like that. 

As for acquiring one of these rare, whimsical gemstones, i will gladly send one on a brown truck to your address for the grand total of 15 dollars, but you can also both pay more than that, or listen to it for no dollars if you prefer. Many of you already know how to do that, but i would be more than happy to guide you through any or all of these processes. I don't know that links make much difference in terms of the visibility of my posts, but it is a valid concern, hence my not including them here. I'll include them in other posts.

That, as they say is my story. It may not be the sweepingest of sagas, but i shall stick to it until i step in something stickier. Bold of me i know, but should you find yourself in the company of someone of an equally discerning musical palate, perhaps you will find occasion to mention my current endeavor. Regardless, until our next encounter.... 

- Bottle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Eyrth - Meridian