Is This It (for at least the 3rd time)?


Oh wow, 1,000. Flew by like molasses, didn't it? Not only that, it didn't even end serendipitously. I still have 2 albums from this last batch, more in pre-order status, a gift card i found down beside my car seat, a couple empty shelves... 

But is this it? Is it really over? Is this all we'll ever get out of it? We disagree. We're supposed to disagree and neither side is supposed to win the fight. The fight is stupid and we're supposed to recognize that and move forward knowing that we are both trying to accomodate and respect each other in spite of that disagreement. 

As for using that to metaphorically describe Republicans and Democrats, Republicans want to punish people into complacency, Democrats want to help people who need help. Both of those perspectives can and do go horribly awry, but i'd rather be on the side of trying to help and failing than the side of "screw you, my corporation is more important than people." Democrats do something and Republicans say "that's not fair, i'm more needy than that guy." Feel free to disagree with me, but remember that i'm telling you there's nothing you can do to change my mind except to stop acting like that. I'm not going to stop you unless you're physically standing in my way. You have to deal with it, same as i have to walk through your garbage. Either way you're still picking which of your own feet to shoot. The fight is stupid. 

If you want less abortion, help create a more caring and nurturing world instead of a crueler less caring one. If you want the world to be a run down trailer park (nothing whatsoever against non run down trailer parks), look around and consider the possibility that we're already there. If you want bureaucracy to rule your life go ahead, but don't expect me to gleefully participate. I'll tolerate things up to a point, but after that point i'll walk away. It's true, i care about controlling my feelings, i have to just to walk out the front door every morning. I don't want my problems to become anyone else's problem. 

All i know is i'm tired. Maybe not lie to get into your apartment just to get some sleep tired, more like imma just lie down on the sidewalk and take a nap tired. Probably have to make a sign though. "Not homeless, just really tired." 

Is this it? Nah, i'll keep waking up, i mean my track record is impeccable. Not gonna stop listening to albums, so might as well write about them. Anywho, this week is definitely at least one day too long, because we've still got a Friday to get through. 38 more albums until we listen to Green Day's first one, and amazingly enought there are still things in my own collection i haven't reviewed. Gotta fill eternity with something. Any of you play chess? You should, we could have a monthly Bottle of Beef Tournament of Curmudgeons or something. Maybe i'll let you all choose tomorrow. Yeah, we can either listen to John Lennon's first post-Beatles solo album or Too High to Die by Meat Puppets. Choose wisely, or poorly, it's your choice after all....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Eyrth - Meridian