Steven Stark - From Red Dirt To Red Planet


I got to listen to it at 5:30 this morning on my drive to work, but now i'm finally getting proper headphone time with From Red Dirt To Red Planet, the new album from Steven Stark Music. It's fantastic from blast off to sleepy time. 

Top 40, Alternative, R&B, Country, Adult Contemporary, Yacht... Rock... yep, it's all that plus some funky disco, a proper movie sample, a bunch of awesome collaborators, and the triptastic cacophony of Passengers, all guided along by Victoria Liedtke as the ship's computer. 

Such a great concept, a group of Oklahomans getting the hell off this jerk of a planet on the next spaceship to Mars. It's really really spectacular, and i'll link to the official youtube playlist at the end so you can go check it out for yourself. 

But man, i gotta tell you, it's so frustrating to not be able to just pay to have this thing pressed on vinyl. I'd pay to press a hundred or 3 just to have a physical copy of my own if i could afford it. I'd keep it always in stock at Bottle's Music if people bought records from me more often than randomly every few months. I don't care about making a profit, i care about the physicality of carving out a special part of the day to enjoy the experience because i just plain old-fashioned love records. I know, i know, i'm just a sappy old guy who prefers listening to albums in a comfortable chair as opposed to random strings of songs through crummy ear buds while i'm walking down the sidewalk or stocking shelves. I'm ok with that. 

Anywho, thanks for reading, thanks to Steven and friends for making it, and now you should definitely go carve out some time to listen to it. Fantastic stuff!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nv5XKg2oc9FyoqBhIC7P0zP3Wiy-U3Zn0&si=Sw_uyFzj-DJaVwgD

You can also go give him some love in the form of dollars at:

https://stevenstark.bandcamp.com/album/from-red-dirt-to-red-planet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Eyrth - Meridian