Pearl Jam - Vs. (30th Anniversary)


Part of me feels very conflicted about picking up the new 30th Anniversary remaster of Vs. On one hand, this is the Target paid for single LP as opposed to the actual Ten Club double LP or the Warner extended version, and it's clear, which completely goes against spinning the black circle. I know spin the black circle is the Vitalogy version of Blood, and i know the original CD was in clear jewell cases because i have multiple copies, but c'mon. 

On the other hand, it's my favorite Pearl Jam album by quite a large margin, my copy of Ten was very lonely, and it could definitely benefit from a remaster because the original CD suffers from being mastered so loud my teeth vibrate even with the volume turned down.

Oh my i can't believe it's not butter, this sounds amazing. Don't get me wrong, it came fresh out of the jacket with factory dust bordering on the size of gravel, and the fact that it's clear is exceptionally irksome, but the sound is spine tingling. Everything should be remastered like this. You can hear all the intricate parts in their stereo placement, nothing is squashed or muddy or competing for head space, the cymbals aren't banging trashcan lids in the foreground, and it's Vs. on vinyl for well under $80. So good, so very good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Eyrth - Meridian