K-Holes - Dismania


I managed to afford a few records before Sub Pop closed for the year, and they arrived today. I'm still working on the whole making it possible to buy from me without me making no money thing, but i wanted to share K-Holes' 2nd album, Dismania, with you. My goodness is it awesome.

So, you know how Hole's first album Live Through This is absolutely fantastic, but then Courtney Love went all Pop with her second album (think Malibu and the cover of Gold Dust Woman)? Yeah, that's a pass for me, i wanted an alternate reality where she moved to NYC and developed a suicidally monumental Ketamine addiction. Great news! That's exactly the void in my soul Dismania just filled.

K-holes are of course intense dissacociative experiences that lead shitbags to capitalize on the money making possibilities of microdosing anything because it's "safer." Matthew Perry is of course dead now because he wasn't under $400 an hour professional supervision, but i'm of course being incredibly crass about it inside the non-dissassociative safety of listening to a gloriously trashy 2012 noise-punk album i think is complete joy to the ears.

Don't get me wrong, i'll put it in a box and send it to you for 22 dollars (even less if you want to buy a couple different albums from me), but that's assuming you didn't pawn your record player for enough money to get incredibly high for a couple hours.

Their goal was for a bunch of friends to play one show of "surf-dirge" and get on with their lives, but damned if they didn't totally rock and end up making several albums. Ooooh, there's saxaphone on Numb. I'm serious, this is just a gorgeous cacophony. Hardly Art calls it "sinister, feverish punk skronk... a dark, brutal, menacing trip; the sound of escape with the sheen of redemption, fueled by the low, thundering beat of tribal divination." That's more poetically editorial than my own "this sounds high as balls," but same difference as far as i'm concerned.

In lesser hands the constantly changing lead vocalists could be bothersome, but since we're having a dismanic out of body experience it makes total sense to me. If you just want to hear it for yourself you can search youtube for "k-holes dismania," but if you want to help me be a real record store i will trade this actual copy in my hand (i know my own thumb when i see one) for money. Go ahead, inquire, i'm actually quite friendly. Either way, cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog, and my record collection.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Hit & Run Holiday

Eyrth - Meridian